Re: Linux legacy database

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:41:19 +0100

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:30:51 -0300, Boivin, Patrice J
<boivinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> According to linux journal, Oracle is a legacy database.
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7736

legacy = stuff you have that works but isn't flavour of the month/
CIO's pet technology.

More seriously I suspect that the author just means how do you get
this new stuff to talk to your existing stuff. I thought it was
interesting that the Programming for Linux article actually talks
about programming using Perl DBI. I don't see any code there that
wouldn't run on, to be deliberately annoying, windows.

didn't someone on this list have a sig along the lines of building
tomorrows legacy systems today?
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA