Re: Linux for x86 or Intel

  • From: "Shawn Ferris" <shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:14:22 -0600 (MDT)

Obviously you've never worked with oracle support.. I have worked on
Sun(SunOS and Solaris), HP, IBM, SGI, DEC/Ultrix, Sequent, DG.. You name
it.. and I've never had success with Oracle support, period! I can't even
order media w/o the TAR getting messed up! Don't blame that on OSX.

Don't get me wrong.. if I had a choice.. I'd choose Linux. I've been
running linux since it first appeared on the net.. that was well before it
was multi-user.. no gui.. barely even had bash! I was one of the first to
get SCO Oracle running via iBCS. You don't need to sell it to me, I know.

SGI had a great visual desktop.. and it was still a pretty decent OS too!
(Thanks for XFS, SGI) Don't bash an OS on the basis of it's GUI-ness..
(Ok.. MS is an exception) ;D it's still unix on the inside!

Shawn 8D