[oracle-l] Linux AS2.1 standby mode

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:53:21 -0500

List,
 I have loaded RedHat AS 2.1 and was attempting to get the 9iAS loaded.
"There are issues" would be to put it politely. I have downloaded 10gAS
and will work forward from there.
 My question is: I have commented out the "option dpms" in the
XF86Config files and restarted the server. The monitor standby mode is
turned off for user id's EXCEPT root. When logged in as Root the monitor
goes into standby mode rather then the screen saver. "xset -q" shown it
turned disabled.
Any possible solutions other that "Don't log in as root".
Thanks,
Ron