RE: Link procedure to sql statement in v$sqlarea

  • From: "Alvaro Jose Fernandez" <alvaro.fernandez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ajay_Thotangare@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:02:15 +0200

Apart of checking v$sqlarea.module for any differences, I only could
think of of joining the addr and hash_value with v$session, to obtain
v$session.prev_sql_addr and v$session.prev_hash_value, and using them,
checking the sql from v$sqlarea if it matches the 'BEGIN PQR; END' ..

I have a procedure named 'XYZ' and inside this procedure I have select
statement. When I execute this procedure I can see a entry for procedure
'XYZ' and also a entry for select statement (which is actually inside
procedure). How do I know if this select statement has come from this
procedure or somebody else fired this statement as standalone (not using
procedure)