Link procedure to sql statement in v$sqlarea

  • From: "Thotangare, Ajay \(GTI\)" <Ajay_Thotangare@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:35:13 -0400

Hi,

I have a question about v$sqlarea. Appreciate your help/inputs on this.
Background
-----------------
I have a procedure named 'XYZ' and inside this procedure I have select
statement. When I execute this procedure I can see a entry for procedure
'XYZ' and also a entry for select statement (which is actually inside
procedure). How do I know if this select statement has come from this
procedure or somebody else fired this statement as standalone (not using
procedure)
 e.g.
create or replace procedure PQR as
begin
execute immediate 'select object_name AS INSIDE_PQR_PRC from
user_objects';
end;
/
Procedure created.

SQL> exec PQR;

SQL> select rownum,sql_text,executions from v$sqlarea where sql_text
like '%PQR%';

ROWNUM SQL_TEXT
EXECUTIONS
------ -----------------------------------------------------------------
----------
     1 select rownum,sql_text,executions from v$sqlarea where sql_text l
3
       ike '%PQR%'

     2 BEGIN PQR; END;
1
     3 select object_name AS INSIDE_PQR_PRC from user_objects
1

3 rows selected.

How do I know that statement "select object_name AS INSIDE_PQR_PRC from
user_objects" is actually fired from procedure and not from outside.
Appreciate your help.

regards,
Ajay Thotangare
212-647-4312

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.