Re: Limit sort space used by Discoverer

  • From: Steve Rospo <srospo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:11:21 -0700 (PDT)

What about a different user with a dedicated temp tablespace?  You can
make that temp tablespace as large or as small as you want w/o conflicting
the production user.

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:

> We are using a dictionary managed tablespace for sorts so that we can
> limit the maximum space grabbed by a sort to 1 G.  I know it is not
> possible after the fact to determine who took all of the sort space,
> however, we believe it is Discoverer.  We are reluctant to convert to a
> temporary tablespace since there is no way to limit sort space with
> them.   This is an ERP system and we don't want Discoverer grabbing all
> of the space and killing payroll, etc.
> Can Discoverer be limited in some way?
> Jeffrey Beckstrom
> Database Administrator
> Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
> 1240 W. 6th Street
> Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Stephen Rospo        Principal Software Architect
Vallent Corporation (formerly Watchmark-Comnitel)
Stephen.Rospo@xxxxxxxxxxx           (425)564-8145

This email may contain confidential information. If you received this in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this
message and any attachments. Thank you.