Re: Licensing for Grid Control with out management packs

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Allen, Brandon
<Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  “Better” is debatable here.  I’m quite happy with my script to monitor
> and send alerts – very simple, reliable and customizable (more so than DB
> Console or Grid Control on all three accounts, in my opinion).

Here here!

I spend very little time keeping my custom monitors working,
and they are easily customizable.  Adding new databases requires
inclusion into some config files.

Much different than the frequent GC/OEM broken threads on Oracle-L.

No $100k licenses either.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com