Re: Licensing for Grid Control with out management packs

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:59:36 +0100

Your understanding is correct. I strongly suggest that you actually do turn
off the packs in GC and then review whether or not the product is still
useful. You should also be aware that notifications are (outrageously) a
chargeable item, so you can't email yourself alerts.

Niall Litchfield

On May 24, 2010 4:18 PM, "Ravi Madabhushanam" <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello All,

I need a clarification regarding EM Grid Control licensing.

As per my knowledge Grid control is not licensed separately. Licensing is
done at the target database/component level. Now I've a requirement to
monitor multiple 11g databases using Enterprise Manager Grid Control. We
have not purchased any monitoring packs like Diagnostics or Tuning including
any specific host management packs. In that case can I still use Grid
control for basic monitoring of all these databases. Of course I will not be
using any management pack related functionality. Even we are considering to
turn off these packs in init.ora.

Could you all please share your advice on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ravi.M