Re: Licensing a disaster recovery system

  • From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:51:07 +0100

First, about backup strategy - I would recommend to restore it on
regular basis - say weekly or monthly. This way you always sure that
your backups are not just files.

Second part - licensing.
You don't need to license Oracle for test. It's a production system
that requires licenses. This is just my understanding.
For instance, we are not required to pay for our test systems and our
salesmen, afaik, are fine with that.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Best regards,