Re: Licensing Oracle SE One on VMWare cluster

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sebastian.kolski@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:22:22 +0100

I thought Michael was both clear and correct.
You can't run RAC SE as you describe because the cluster has more than 4
sockets. The cluster is the normal definition of cluster - that is the group
of machines working together to provide services transparently. It most
definitely doesn't refer to individual resources within the cluster - such
as a RAC instance.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA