Re: Library Cache and Share wait on Latch - Version Count Huge

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mudhalvan Moovarkku <moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:43:58 +0800

After setting method_opt to REPEAT you will also need to manually drop all
the histograms, as they have been already created for you.

However I don't know your application/data, maybe you do need some
histograms somewhere, so you need to review the histograms you have yourself
and decide whether it's ok to get rid of them. If it's purely an OLTP system
with bind variables used everywhere, its probably ok to get rid of all
histograms as histograms and bind variables are a deadly combination anyway
- for stable performance.

--
Tanel Poder
http://tech.e2sn.com