Library Cache and Share wait on Latch - Version Count Huge

  • From: "Mudhalvan Moovarkku" <moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:38:39 +0900

Dear DBAs

      Greetings. When I check the wait events recently for few days
Library Cache and Share Pool wait got the very huge value.

      When i check the V$SQLAREA few sql have very huge versions more
than 3000.

       My Database version is 10g Rel2 10.2.0.4 on Redhat Linux AS4 with
update 4.

       CURSOR_SHARING set to SIMILAR and OPTIMIZER_MODE=CHOOSE.

       This is happening only recently and is it related to Automatic
Statistics done on 10g Rel 2.

      Please let me know how to check and avoid it.

Regards

Mudhalvan M.M