Re: Learning Oracle on Windows

Thanks Tanel, good sites.

Well, heck. Let me refer everyone to Oracle's 10g documentation. ;-)

***
Look for b10113.pdf (Oracle Database Platform Guide 10g Release 1 for
Windows, Part No. B10113-02, 262pg).
***

The original 10g documenation package was incomple, and was missing
key documents for Oracle on Windows. Doh!. The incomplete package was
B12037_01.zip (bad) and is missing the entire subdirectory win.101.

Good news. The new(er) documentation package on OTN has some very
useful document for Oracle on Windows. The complete/good package is
B14117_01.zip (good) and includes 7x pdf files in directory win.101.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/database10g.html
download B14117_01.zip

If you get the good doc package, the file to look for is b10113.pdf
(Oracle Database Platform Guide 10g Release 1 for Windows, Part No.
B10113-02, 262pg). This is a very complete guide to all sorts of
widows tips, registry keys, and so forth. There are other, less
relevant, windows related pdf in the /good/ doc package, like an
outdated Pro*C manual. BTW, you need to load the 10g Companion CDROM
to get the Pro*C demo programs.

HTH

Regards,

Mike Thomas