  From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Charles Schultz
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 4:23 PM
To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ldap command in Oracle 10g Database

When we played with it a while ago (under 9.2, I believe), our research showed
that this was not supported, nor could we get the Oracle ldap commands to work
against a 3rd party directory service. Granted, we did not try very hard,
either. =) However, since the Oracle ldap commands are built around the LDAP
standard (P does stand for Protocol), the architecture of the beast is
compliant with OpenLDAP (or any other flavor you might like). That LDAP stuff
is an entirely different language for us.

  On 9/18/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Hi

  Can we use ldapadd and other ldap command to add entries to OpenLDAP or it is
only meant for OID

  Thanks

    Sanjay

countries) for 2¢/min or less.