Re: Larry's keynote at OOW 08

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:45:23 +0300

One statement caught my eye:
"Ellison said the system passes query results between the storage and the server - rather than the full disk blocks"

It seems that the storage know about the internal structure of oracle and do the query on the table and return the result set, lets say for each table, and then Oracle just do the set combination to give the resulting set to the user.
This splits the work between the two components and allow for speed boost.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

LS Cheng wrote:
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/09/25/exadata_oracle_appliance/

seems the third try

Cheers

--
LSC

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM, John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I was laughing inside when Larry mentioned that this was his first
    hardware/software product. Anyone remeber the failed nCube and Network
    Computer products?

    I believe the name is a one up on Tera-data (exa vs tera)

    "Wait and see"

    John

    <http://mobile.google.com>
    > --