RE: Large block sizes for OLAP database

With OLAP, there may be an argument for larger block sizes, however, whatever
size you choose, that should be the only size in your database.  Oracle only
introduced multiple block sizes to support transportable tablespaces between
databases w/ differing blocksizes.

I won't go into a lot of detail, as this has been done to death many, many
times on Oracle-L and in the Oracle forums, and probably many other venues as
well.  Try googling, I imagine you'll get *lots* of hits.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.