RE: LOCALLY MANAGED EXTENT PERFORMANCE

  • From: "Dogan, Ibrahim - Ibrahim" <Ibrahim.Dogan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tim@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:07:43 -0400

Very simple, this gives a rough idea of what your next extents will be:

SELECT  e.owner, e.segment_name, e.extent_id, bytes AS last_extent_size
FROM  dba_extents e,=20
        (SELECT owner, segment_name, MAX(extent_id) AS extent_id
        FROM  DBA_EXTENTS
        GROUP BY owner, segment_name) ee
WHERE  e.owner=3D 'xxx' AND
       e.owner =3D ee.owner AND