Re: LIOs on INSERT?

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Patty.Charlebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:28:48 -0800

Does the table experience heavy deletes prior to the insert? There are two
scenarios I have run into that can lead to high LIO:
a) You use ASSM and you are on 9.2.0.5
   There is a bug in 9.2.0.5 if you have insert - delete - insert without
commits in between

b) You are not using ASSM and the delete put a lot of blocks on the freelist.
On the insert, whenever the current block is "full" (up to 100-pctfree filled)
Oracle needs to chase the freelist and retrieve the next block off the list and
needs to maintain the list.

Quoting Patty.Charlebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

--
regards