RE: LANfree Backup with RMAN

  • From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jifjif@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 20:08:17 -0500

Thanks for sharing.

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:46:20 +1300
Subject: Re: LANfree Backup with RMAN
From: jifjif@xxxxxxxxx
To: rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we found LANfree useful mostly for avoiding tape head and disk pool contention
in a busy TSM library (w/ dedicated GigE backup network)

Though not TSM-specific, using Block Change Tracking and going through the RMAN
tuning whitepaper were also both very helpful in reducing backup times.  Worth
a mention.

On 4 March 2011 13:49, Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our B&R team suggesting to use LANfree backup for our larger Oracle  databases
(ver and 10.2.0.r on Suse Linux10)  sizes between 7 TB to 17TB.
Our current setup is using TSM but we having issues for backing up larger
I could not find any doc on Oracle Metalink whether it works with RMAN or not
Google search was not that much helpful.
Any experience good and/or bad or any pointer for LANfree backup using RMAN.