Kinda of a dumb question

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:45:19 -0400

I've a developer that has asked me to split a schema into two parts as
the development team wants to "reorganize" the application.  Well,
creating a new user is rather easy & moving data from one user to
another isn't usually much of a problem, especially when they give you a
table list.  But these tables have constraints, foreign keys,
permissions and all of the other "stuff" that comes from an already
deployed application.  Now normally I'd just run export and import to
move the stuff, but I'm wondering, can you use data pump over a loop
back db link to do the same thing???  Has anyone tried it??

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader