Re: Keeping users out

  • From: adrian angelov <adrian_angelov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx, Sharon.Kovac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:05:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I totally agree with Niall.
Just to add a feature that might be of interest:

alter system quiesce restricted;

... do your work as SYS or SYSTEM(if it's an option ... not a good practice )

alter system unquiesce;

Details available on
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_2013.htm#SQLRF00902

Adrian Angelov