Re: Keeping deleted records

  • From: "Ram Srinivasan" <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:54:40 -0400

All:
  I would go with the audit table approch.  When I used to work on clinical
trials, everything they do to any row in any table goes into an audit
table.  Right from the insertion of a new row until the database gets
closed, everything goes into this audit table.  So we can retrieve the old
data, we can find who deleted or updated a given row, etc.  This was because
in clinical trials, it is mandatory that you keep all these because the FDA
stipulates it.

  Thanks.

Ram Srinivasan

--