Re: Java vs. Perl ... vs. Python

  • From: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:05:29 +0000

Mladen,

As an IDE with de-bugger etc. I'm using Eric3 which works fine for what I need
although the lack of user documentation means you can spend of bit of time
figuring things out. Eric3 has quite a few pre-reqs which need installing, it
took me 1/2 day or so on my Linux box to get it all up and working.

HTH

Chris

PS I also use leo for source editing etc. it's quite a different way of
working and takes a bit of getting used to but if you're working on a sizable
application then I think it has lots of benefits. Anyway I've certainly found
it very useful, but it took me a good few days before I became productive with
it.
http://www.webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html

Quoting Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Steve, can you recommend a nice, unix-based Python IDE? I'm looking
> for something better then gvim. The main problem with perl is a lack
> of IDE tools. Eclipse is a mess and I don't like it.
>
> On 04/02/2004 02:46:56 PM, "Orr, Steve" wrote:
> > Wow... I'm just getting back to this list after a long hiatus (doing
> > boring stuff like work) and I see this latest post near and dear to my
> > heart.=20
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Oracle DBA