Re: Jailing a schema from PUBLIC

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rjamya" <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:44:34 -0600 (CST)

Well, I tried it out.  I even expanded it a bit.  I ran the output from:

select distinct 'create or replace view rejlink.'||dv.view_name||
        ' as select * from sys.'||dv.view_name||' where owner != ''CVDTA'';'
from dba_views dv, dba_tab_columns dtc
where dv.owner = 'SYS'
and dv.view_name not like 'USER%'
and dv.view_name = dtc.table_name
and dtc.column_name = 'OWNER'
order by 1;

I then logged on to REMOTESCHEMA, but it can successfully read tables in
schema VENDOR_A.  I then added a private view for CATALOG, but the tables
can still be accessed.

But perhaps you're on the right track.  I wonder if there's an event that
can be set at the session level to trace what objects Oracle uses to
determine access to an object.  Something to investigate...

Thanks!
Rich