Re: JBoss keeps sending select 'hello' from dual

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin.busik@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:48:42 +0000

select <something> from dual

is about as optimized as you can get these days - you'll be extremely
unlikely to find a lower impact statement. The most optimized statement is
still the one that you don't execute, but if you do have to execute one
select <something> from dual is about as good as you get. I don't imagine
that swapping to pl/sql will be lower impact!

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Martin Busik <martin.busik@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you need it - try to find a valid sql which consumes as less resources
> as
> possible. I suppose
> as "begin null; end;" might be cheaper in terms of resource usage than a
> select statement.
> Cheers,
> Martin
> --