Re: JAVA in the database

Be clear which JVM you are referring to.  The one "IN" the database, or the one
in the Oracle Home?
From support:
4) Can I independently upgrade the Java VM that gets installed in the database?

No, the Java VM is tightly integrated with the database release and cannot be
upgraded.

Further details on this are discussed in:

Note 342810.1 Possible to Upgrade JDK Classes Supplied with Database Version
8i-10g?
Note 418399.1: How To Update The Default JDK and JRE Installed In Oracle
Database Home 10.1 and 10.2

--- On Wed, 11/3/10, Hemant Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Hemant Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: JAVA in the database
To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:44 AM

No,  they are not tightly.  They are completely independent.  Ask the
developers which installation they are using.
Hemant K Chitale.

Sent from a smartphone.
On Nov 3, 2010 9:32 PM,  <TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok so I have to plead complete ignorance
here.

I have a request from developers to
"update java to newer version",   I thought the JVM that
is installed into the database is completely separate from what is installed
on the unix server, what am I missing?  They are not tightly coupled
or are they?

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional

Senior Engineering & Administration Lead

(Work) 614-677-1668

(Cell) 614-312-6715