Re: JAVA Developer

  • From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:48:09 -0800 (PST)

Laimutis,

I wouldn't be so strict on this... Data Model should reflect business
requirements (do not tell me that database layer has to be bussiness-logic-free
:-) ). How can DBA or data modeller design data model without knowing
application logic? This knowledge should be passed from middle-tier developer
to database modeller. Good communication between application developers and
data modeller is critical. The issue araises when application developer assumes
role of data modeller without beeing qualified for that but I can not state
that all Java developers are not qualified for data modelling.

Mindaugas Navickas

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)

When designing tables for use by your application, do you include foreign keys
in your design, or do you prefer to handle the logic within the application?

Please, DO NOT ALLOW JAVA DEVELOPER to get even close to data modelling. If you
do then he must qualify as data modeller as such. This discipline has nothing
to do with Java.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer