RE: JAVA Developer

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:46:13 -0500

Thanks for all your suggestions.   It should be enough to get going.

I'm kind of thinking of shying away from the date datatype scenario
suggestion - I inherited some databases and applications (written by
third parties), that are Not using datatypes correctly...   So, that
would be the first observation of the new hire.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
x72546
904  727-2546

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F
(LABOR)

When designing tables for use by your application, do you include
foreign keys in your design, or do you prefer to handle the logic within
the application?

Please, DO NOT ALLOW JAVA DEVELOPER to get even close to data modelling.
If you do then he must qualify as data modeller as such. This discipline
has nothing to do with Java.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer
<http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer>