RE: Is this hardware issue?

  • From: "Blanchard, William G" <William.Blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lambu999@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:20:03 -0500

This is expected behavior.  The first time you run the query, it has to
read everything into the buffer cache (db file sequential read).  Every
time after that (especially since nobody else is using the database) the
information for the query is already cached and can be read right from
the cache.

WGB