Is this Needed? Dragging OT

  • From: "Johnson, George" <GJohnson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:11:32 +0100

        Not wishing to drag this way off topic....

        In all seriousness is this the general perception of contractors
across the globe? That we are a tolerated resource but ideally the world
might be a better place without us. As a contractor in the UK, maybe I've
been lucky but I haven't run into that many fly-by-night cowboys, obviously
one or two that think they know all and shout louder to cover their obvious
lack of knowledge. Personally I feel it's a requirement for me, as a
contractor, to always document everything, always do the best you can and
always listen to what is required, offering my opinion, not what I consider
to be a "fact". At the end of the day, if the employer is not happy, I am
out on the street at the end of the month looking for new work, if don't
pull my weight.

        Just idle curiosity on a Friday afternoon...

more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

for the individual or entity named.  If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
This message is provided for informational purposes and should not
be construed as an invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or
related financial instruments.
GAM operates in many jurisdictions and is
regulated or licensed in those jurisdictions as required.