RE: Is it true that view_recompile_jan2008cpu.sql can be run only once during a database's lifetime

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "jkstill@xxxxxxxxx" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, "jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:19:42 -0400

I like it! :)

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robert Freeman
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:07 PM
To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx; jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is it true that view_recompile_jan2008cpu.sql can be run only once
during a database's lifetime

Further modification... Of course I'd add error checking here too ... ;)
Guess I could put this all in a while (patch_not_applied == TRUE) while loop
too....

if [ doubt == TRUE ]
then
     go read the documentation.
else
     still read the documentation.
fi

while [ still_not_clear == TRUE ]
loop
     call support
     if [ think_i_know_what_im_doing == TRUE ]
     then
          break
     fi
end loop

if [ you_think_your_clear_now == TRUE ]
then
     try_it(environment=>DEVELOPMENT)
fi

if [ it_went_well_in_dev == TRUE ]
then
     backup(environment=>PROD)
     do_or_do_not_there_is_no_try(environment=>PROD);
     validate(environment=>PROD)
fi

Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles