Re: Is it possible to use nolock type of hint in query

  • From: "Ethan Post" <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:40:13 -0500

I am surprised to see so many negative reactions to this feature. First off,
I want to be able to do what I want to be able to do. Having a feature like
this is not a bad thing just because it can be used in bad ways.

Secondly, I can think of plenty of situations where I would have like to
have seen how many rows a session has commited into a particular table
etc...and the calls for logging are well taken, but the fact is we all
manage a lot of systems that don't have this and never will because
we...don't own the source, can't herd the cats...etc...

I say, nice feature, put it in Oracle.

On 8/11/06, Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's what I would do. It's why I called the example "dubious"!