Re: Is it just me

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:18:38 +0200

Before AQ was there, I built my own version using dbms_alert messaging
combined with a message table. The alert gets sent at commit-time.
Otherwise dbms_pipe can help.
The handler was just waiting for an alert, en when it was received, it
started to empty the queue at a moderate rate. When the queue was empty,
it started sleeping waiting again. I just don't like polling.
Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===