RE: Is important to GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS???

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMILEYJ@xxxxxxxx, "'jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:49:32 +0000

is anyone noticing an improving in the percentage of queries plans the CBO gets
right with this? With decent optimizer_index_cost_adj, optimizer_index_Caching,
and db_file_multiblock_read_Count, in verion 9.2 oracle appears to have a 99.5%
accuracy in plan generation even if you take into consideration the use of bind
variables and oracles inability to use histograms with them. .
not much to improve on if you use system stats.... We implemented it here and
we notice no improvement whatsoever.