RE: Is anybody running 10g on VMWare?

  • From: "Magni Fabrizio" <Fabrizio.Magni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stauffer, Robert G" <rstauffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <HELMUT.DAIMINGER@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:29:33 +0100

Sorry,
I'm not aware of any formal document on the issue.

However from my benchmark the I/O is 7/8 time slower than on a similar
configuration with a HP BL20p (with 1 CPU).
I used the same identical version of SLES9 (SP2)  and oracle (10gR2).

Datafiles were on ASM (we tried even ext3).

The storage used for VMWARE ESX is on HP EVA 5000 (tested even on EVA
3000 and IBM ESS 800 shark).

Regards
Fabrizio