RE: Is RAC DOA?

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:19:34 -0700

I'm a bit confused here.  Hereogeneous means of different origin.  I thought
inside a cluster things had to be the same.  They had to be homogeneous; i.e.,
of the same origin.  I also thought the problem with Oracle is that you need
to create a single large cluster instead of allowing you to have multiple
clusters which can communicate with each other.  So with the Orcle grid
software, when you learn of hardware vendor going out of the machine business,
and you can buy scores or hundreds of machines on the cheap.  You have to pass.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx