RE: Internals - Was Oracle replication book

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:47:59 -0600

Robert -
   Thank you for such an eloquent reply. That is why you are such an
excellent author and why I have several of your books on my shelf. And
thanks for all the great books you have written and are writing.
   Sometimes the problem is understanding just what areas to study in order
to increase your DBA expertise. Some have the opportunity to work with one
of the experts and witness their methods firsthand. For those not so
fortunate, this list is a godsend.
   I had worked as a DBA for several years and was pretty comfortable with
most administration commands, etc. However, studying for the OCP opened my
eyes to a greater depth of knowledge. Based on recommendations from others
on this list (sorry I can't recall who and Google doesn't seem to work as
well as it used to), I am now beginning by studying the Oracle 10g Concepts
Manual in detail. Following that I plan to study backup and recovery in
detail, starting with principles.
   Thanks for sharing your insights.