From: Dunbar, Norman [mailto:norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:42 AM
To: Taylor, Chris David
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Interesting RMAN duplicate problem.

Hi Chris,

>> I know there's a hidden parameter to force open a database
>> but I'm not sure if it has the same effect on an RMAN
>> recovery as it does on a non-RMAN recovery.  I assume it would.
Yes, the document mentioned by Martin (MOS note 465478.1) mentions "a
hidden parameter" that can be used - I suspect this is the very one.

Unfortunately, I'd really like to open this database in a valid and
no-potentially-corrupt manner. The users need a full sized testing
database for performance testing of a new release (coming soon!) and if
it has the possibility of being "corrupted" then it's a worthless
database.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Contract Oracle DBA
CIS Engineering Services
Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.   We have checked
this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any
attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to
it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act
or for litigation.  Email messages and attachments sent to or from any
Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the
sender or recipient, for business purposes.  If we have sent you information
and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get
by calling us on 08708 506 506.  Find out more about the Environment Agency at
www.environment-agency.gov.uk

about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk