RE: Instream SQL in an NT Batch script

  • From: "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)" <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:46:26 +1000

I raised this back in March and suggested the following 2 options:

Option 1
For single line commands, you can use something like:
echo connect user/pwd@sid | sqlplus /nolog
However, this isn't really very useful.

Option 2
More useful is something like:
rem --start of batch file
( echo connect user/pwd@sid
echo select user from dual;
echo select sysdate from dual;
) | sqlplus /nolog
rem --end batch file

Tanel Poder replied and said you could use
Option 3

sqlplus "/ as sysdba" < con
select 1 from dual;
select 2 from dual;
exit

But when I copied that into a batch file and ran it, it sits at the =
sqlplus prompt until I hit <ctrl-z> and then the window goes (if I leave =
the exit in) or it says "'select' is not recognized as an internal or =
external command,
operable program or batch file." if I take the exit out and put a pause =
in - so I was missing something.  I'd also be keen to work out how to =
get Option 3 working.

HTH,
Bruce Reardon
=20
NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and =
may contain legally privileged information.  If you are not an =
authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any =
attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in =
reliance on this e-mail or attachments.  This notice should not be =
removed.