Re: Installing 9.2.0.4 64bit on RHEL 4 x86_64

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:15:23 -0700

On 9/7/06, JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've done it successfully a bunch on RHEL 3 x86_64.

Hi Jack,

I've run into the same problem.

So far I have been unable to link any of the 32 bit pieces for Oracle under
RHEL 4 x86_64.

My 'solution' has been to hack the make files to exclude the 32 bit EXTPROC,
and rerun the make.

While using OUI to install, when the installer fails, I then edit the
makefiles, and hit <RETRY>.

When doing patches with opatch, I tell opatch to ignore those errors, check
the logs for the make commands, edit the same makefiles again ( opatch
rewrites them ) and run the make manually.

Yes, it's a pain.

If you search the archives you'll see my thread on this from a couple months
back.  I never found a better solution. No, I didn't open an SR (TAR).

Here's an excerpt from my notes on this:

=======================

Tried several things suggested on MetaLink and in forums via google search -
nothing has helped link the 32 bit parts of Oracle 9204 on RH Linux ES4.

(The LD_ASSUME_KERNEL var is still required)

The only way to get all to relink was to comment out the 32 bit parts
(IEXTPROC32) in ins_rdbms.mk and env_rdbms.mk in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib.  Then
all linked fine.

   make -f ins_rdbms.mk install

HTH

--