From: Mercadante, Thomas F [mailto:thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:10 AM
To: 'lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx'; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Installation of the Oracle software on the SAN or not

Luc,

There really is no reason to *not* use the SAN for Oracle software.  One
benefit of doing so is that, if you are planning on failing the EMC disk
over to another server, the Oracle software goes with it.  The only negative
is cost - EMC disk is much more expensive than internal disk.

I have implemented it both ways and saw no impact on the database at all.

Hope this helps.

Tom