Installation of Oracle Label Security

  • From: "Thomas Jeff" <jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:32:57 -0500

I realize this is a basic question, but I'd appreciate a bit of a sanity
check.

I need to install Oracle Label Security on our test box, and am
wondering
if I need to shutdown all databases in the same ORACLE_HOME before I
perform the install.

Trying to get an outage of all test databases in our environment is a
political headache, so I was hoping that this install would not require
such an
outage.   I've been googling/metalinking, can't find anything suggesting
one
way or the other.

My thinking is that installing OLS is nothing more than sticking in some
cat*/PLB
files into $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, but I might be wrong.

Anyone?

Thanks.

------
Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Enterprise Database and Middleware Services
Thomson, Inc.

Email: jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx

EDMS Portal:
http://indysaixdb01.indy.tce.com:7778/portal/page?_pageid=53,44513,53_44