Re: Insert takes a lot of cpu time and buffer gets

Thats what happened when you work with several databases in the same time.
By no descriptors (ADABAS terms) I meant:

No indexes.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

David Ballester wrote:
El mié, 04-02-2009 a las 19:01 +0200, Yechiel Adar escribió:
I run statspack on 9.2.0.5, windows 2000.
The server is 2 dual core cpus with 4 GB memory.

I see that 27,550 inserts costs 31 buffer gets per insert and a total of 48 seconds cpu.
They are using bind variables.
The table has no descriptors and no triggers.
The tablespace is locally managed and the table size is 500 MB with 147 extents.

There are 20 fields, from which 14 are fields that contains date values but the fields are varchar2(10).

What can cause the high buffer gets and the high cpu?

Have no idea but seems that is doing a extra job per insert? may be
reading block, deciding that is not usable, reading another one...

what's about pct free / pct used?

what's about the database encoding?
Only brainstorming :)

D.