Re: Initrans (don't forget deadlock avoidance)

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:28:08 +1000

Akshally, I'd say the two things are more or less exclusive.
Frelists are mostly relevant to block contention due to INSERT
(and maybe DELETE?) activity.
While INITRANS is mostly relevant for block contention due to
UPDATE. This is why it is important when talking about a database with
"lots of updates" to be specific and explain what kind of "update".

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx