Re: Inheriting a "interesting" recovery process

  • From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:50:32 -0500

Actually we do the same thing here only the archives are .arc.
We as DBA's are also closely integrated with the ifrastructure folks
though.  Half of them were former DBA's so they know better.

As far as mountpoints,  we break OFA there also and use a separate
area for data files/control files/redo logs/and archived logs.  That
way we can put the database on one backup schedule and the software on
another.  The oracle home doesn't normally change much so a nightly
backup of that is not nearly as critical as the backup of the oradata stuff.

Rodd