Info on VLDB/DW

  • From: Bob Metelsky <bobmetelsky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:17:55 -0400

Good Morning All, I was hoping someone here can point me to pertinent
documents which address (DW). I know there are tons of online docs via
google or metalink but was wondering if people her had their own
favorites. Im particullary interested in nutshell concepts of:

1 reasonable maximum datafile sizes & physical disk striping
2 getting data from prod to dw
3 various  partitioning
4 stratigies for backup + recovery

Thanks
Bob

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify