Re: Infiniband for RAC 10g on Linux

  • From: Keith Moore <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:29:42 -0500

When you say "as far as we've been able to figure out", I understand. It's been a challenge to just find out what is and isn't supported.

I did find that bit of information, but haven't followed up on it:

Mellanex supports Infiniband Architecture in Oracle 10g.
http://www.taborcommunications.com/dsstar/03/0923/106675.html

Keith

At 03:05 PM 9/9/2005, Matthew Zito wrote:

InfiniBand is fairly cheap.  However, true IB for RAC (uDAPL) is not
supported in 10gR2.  As far as we've been able to figure out, the
InfiniBand support is for SDP and is undocumented (that's for
SQL*Net) and for interconnect traffic is only IPoIB - standard IP run
over InfiniBand.  Oracle has dropped plans to support uDAPL -
apparently deciding to try to push their own proprietary RDMA protocol.

Matt

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l