Re: Infiniband for RAC 10g on Linux

  • From: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:05:03 -0400

InfiniBand is fairly cheap. However, true IB for RAC (uDAPL) is not supported in 10gR2. As far as we've been able to figure out, the InfiniBand support is for SDP and is undocumented (that's for SQL*Net) and for interconnect traffic is only IPoIB - standard IP run over InfiniBand. Oracle has dropped plans to support uDAPL - apparently deciding to try to push their own proprietary RDMA protocol.

Matt

On Sep 9, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Keith Moore wrote:

We are performance testing an Oracle 10g RAC setup with two RedHat Linux
servers. Currently we are using Ethernet for the interconnect.

Has anyone used Infiniband?

How well did it work and how much can we expect to pay?

Thanks
Keith

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l