RE: Index on Partition Table

  • From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaromir D.B. Nemec" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "mdinh@xxxxxxxxx" <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:26:56 -0700

You are right, my answer completely missed the question. GLOBAL is the default.
If you don't have either GLOBAL or LOCAL then it's the same as saying GLOBAL.
If you just have the GLOBAL clause and nothing else, or you omit the
GLOBAL/LOCAL clause, then you will end up with a GLOBAL non-partitioned index.