RE: Index in unusable mode during direct load w/ singlerow

  • From: "Jessica Mao" <jmao@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Eric Buddelmeijer" <Eric.Buddelmeijer@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:28:59 -0800

Eric, thanks for your reply. I absolutely agree w/ your approach.
Unfortunately the business requirement is data should be available for
access in e.g. 30 minutes once they arrive. But we can't exchange
partition that often -- how many partitions would the table have at the
end of, say 3 months?

Every time the 1502 shows up, an immediate retry of same query always
succeeds - no index rebuild needed. Looks like there're some "holes" in
the SINGLEROW option. I'm trying to understand the reason behind.

Thanks! -Jessica